Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Hair Post

Hey guys, hope you all had a great weekend! My weekend was rather relaxed so yesterday evening the fella and I went for a chinese buffet which was lovely!
Friday involved a shopping trip, which resulted in rather little being bought, never the less it was fun. I came home with a tum full of NANDO's. 5 pairs of tights, 2 treats from Lush and a dress from Primark (wore it over the weekend but my camera was dead so never took a pic! Damn!)




Today I thought I would share with you my haircare. My hair is rather long so people often assume that I use a lot of products to keep it in good condition, but the truth is I am very minimalistic when it comes to my hair. I'm very luck in that my hair naturally dries straight so my GHD's very rarely touch it. However a place in which I'm unlucky is that it gets greasy farrrr too quickly, I used to wash my hair every day until I discovered the beauty that is Batiste Dry Shampoo! You simply spray it on your roots, rub it in and brush your hair!







This product really is a saviour and allows me to refresh my hair between washes, reducing my hair washing to every other day! Yesterday was one of them days where I showered but didn't wash my hair, I took a close up pic of my roots after using Batiste to show you how effective it is.






My hair looks shiny, and smells fresh, without any white marks in sight.










A few weeks back I posted a close up pic of my new hair colour, after several years of not colouring my hair I decided it was time for a change. The colour I chose was Red Passion by Schwarzcopf XXL Live (2 for £7 at Boots).



As my hair is dark the colour on my hair isn't as intense as it is on the box but I really do love this colour. I have previously used colours from them range and found them very effective and colour lasting. However as this colour was red, and reds are known to fade rather quickly I decided to invest in a Shampoo and Conditioner specified for coloured hair. I has heard good things from friends about the Aussie haircare range so when I saw it on offer I decided it was a great opportunity to try it out. I picked up a Shampoo and Conditioner from their Limited Edition Colour Mate Range. (2 for £6 Boots)






I was slightly put off by the fact the shampoo was 300ml and the conditioner 250ml as having such long hair I often find that the conditioner runs out wayyy before the shampoo. However this is not the case with this conditioner. The conditioner is thick and creamy so a little goes a long way. A 50p size blob is enough to run through the length of my hair leaving it feeling silky. The shampoo too is also great, lathering up well making your hair feel fresh and clean. With both the shampoo and conditioner containing extracts of wild peach, it leaves your hair smelling lush!
In keeping my colour locked in, Aussie really was a great investment, it's been almost 4 weeks since I dyed my hair and I have seen no apparent fade to my hair colour (as shown below) Also after using at least 4 times a week for almost 4 weeks I still have over half a bottle too of each too!

After Dying
4 Weeks after dying
Please account for different lighting, but as you can see there is little/no fade to my colour.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the day, and enjoy reading this post. I'm trying to add a bit of variety to my blog. I would appreciate your feedback on this post, and it would be interesting to know what you enjoy about my blog, what it may be missing, what you may like to see more of :)

Charlotte
xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte,
    Love your blog, just wondering if you would like to review new Batiste Tones? Let me know your email address via private message on the Batiste Facebook page and I can send you a press release.
    www.facebook.com/batistedryshampoopage
    Best
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not survive life without Bastiste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely going to try that since your hair is so gorgeous!!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura it really is such a life saver isn't it! xx

    @Kaleido Mind - Aww thankyou, and your welcome :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your review! I've never tried dry shampoo, but I'm hoping to go to a few festivals this summer and it will definitely come in handy then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cowbiscuit - it really is a fab range of dyes. The colour choice has expanded a lot over the years too!

    @Northwest is best - I'm glad you liked it. I really would recommend Batiste, would definately come in handy for a festival. I have a review of the Batiste Tones range coming up so keep a look out for it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...