Thursday, 3 February 2011

Model's own Haul

Hey everybody, hope you've all had a good week so far. Thought I would share with you my recently acquired collection of Model's Own Polishes.
Grace Green, Top Turquoise, Pink Blush, Purple Poppy, Magenta Divine, Champagne, Juicy Jules

I am currently sporting Pink Blush with a top layer of Juicy Jules.
I adore this colour, it just oozes girly cuteness.

and here are some swatches of the rest of my collection.
Magenta Divine 2 Coats. Champagne 1 coat
Magenta Divine is a clear based polish containing pink/purple glitter and as with all glitter polishes requires extra coating to achieve full coverage. Colour can be built up with 2 or 3 coats or it can be used to add a topcoat sparkle to other polishes. I would pair this with pink blush.
Champagne is a lovely muted gold with a pearlescent finish and achieves relatively opaque coverage with 1 coat.

Pink Blush 1 Coat. Purple Poppy 1 coat
 The pink blush achieve great coverage with one coat whereas purple poppy is somewhat streaky with one coat. I also noticed the consistency of pink blush to be thicker than that of purple poppy. Still both fab colours.
Grace Green 1 coat. Top Turquoise 1 Coat
Grace green was a last minute decision to add to my order. It is somewhat a khaki green, I have only swatched so I am yet to make a decision on whether I like it/if it suits me. Top turquoise is a lovely blue/green colour, however it is rather streaky with one colour so does require more coverage.

I then added an extra coat to each colour to show you the effect of the polish with full coverage.
Grace Green 2 coats, Top Turquoise 2 coats 
Pink Blush 2 coats. Purple Poppy 2 coats

Magenta Divine 3 coats. Champagne 2 coats


I grabbed a bargain with all of my model's own polishes. Each normally costs £5, however; Champagne and Magenta Divine  were purchased from ASOS each in an exclusive set containing a 6-way nail file. Magenta Divine set was £2.50 and Chapagne £3.
The other 5 of my polishes were purchased from the Models Own website where an offer is running buy 5 save £7, however as I also had a 25% discount code from Fabulous Magazine I only paid £11.75 and received free delivery. So not only are all colours lovely, I got them for a bargain price!

Charlotte xx

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE models own,
    Juicy Jules is fab over everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They seem such amazing polishes, dry so quickly too! and the bottles are huge!
    Juicy Jules is fab, can't beat a bit of sparkle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choices, I still haven't ordered as I just can't decide! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I spent many days umming and ahhing over what to order.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink blush with juicy Jules, so so girly and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nicole and thanks for following :)
    Amy - I know I really do love the combo, I had it on for 5 days without any chipping but decided I had to change colour. Currently sporting grace green with juicy jules, actually quite admire the two together.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...