Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Getting into a lather - Tara Smith Hair Care Range

I was recently sent some samples of the new hair care range by Tara Smith. Tara Smith is a UK born stylist who has worked with many stars including Demi Moore, Anna Friel, Linsay Lohan amongst many others.


Tara has developed a range which combines professional expertise and performance with natural and organic ingredients and no harsh chemicals, available at accessible prices.


Tara Smith’s products are:
  • Made with natural and organic earth friendly ingredients
  • Contain certified organic fragrances
  • Made in the UK
  • Vegan approved
  • BUAV approved
  • Easily Recyclable
  • All shampoos are anti-fade
  • Sulphate free so suitable for after Keratin treatment use
Tara Smith’s products do not contain:
  • Parabens
  • Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES)
  • Glycols
  • Phthalates
  • PEGs
  • Artificial colouring
  • Synthetic fragrance
  • Animal Derivatives 
The range consists of A Base Coat Serum, Top Coat Glosser, Styling Gel and Shampoo & Conditioners of which there are 4 varieties; Feed the Root, Straight Away, C Curl and Big Baby.

I was sent a bottle of Straight Away Shampoo and Conditioner.
Image courtesy of www.tarasmith.com
Straight Away Shampoo For squeaky clean sleek and shiny hair.
The shampoo contains 100% organic ingredients including Ginkgo Biloba known for it's anti-stress properties and Marine Algae to soften and condition dry hair.
Now the first time I used this shampoo I was unsure of if I liked it as I found it didn't lather up so well. Then on my second use I noticed a little "peel here" sign on the back of the bottle. Under this was a set of instructions and there clearly stated in black and white was a comment "this shampoo has no harsh detergents and will foam more slowly than normal shampoos" upon seeing this I gave the shampoo a good rub in my hands before applying to soaking wet hair and what would you know....my hair was filled with a rich lather. The smell is adorable, very herbal with a hint of citrus that just screams "I'm all natural don't you know!"
Image courtesty of www.tarasmith.com


Straight Away Conditioner For manageable sleek and shiny hair
The conditioner contains Marine Algae extract to soften the hair and make it easy to comb in addition to Wheat, Corn and Soy proteins to bind moisture to the hair and improve gloss and vitality
After discovering a peel me sign on the shampoo I peeled back the label of the conditioner. Under the instructions it said to comb the conditioner through the hair, however as I was already in the shower I didn't have a comb to hand. However the conditioner still smoothed through my hair with ease and upon rinsing with the shower was knot-free dispite my over eagerness with the lathering up of the shampoo. The label of the conditioner also states to rinse with cool water seal the hair cuticle - this is a great tip that I have heard of before. Flattening the cuticle smoothens the surface making the hair feel soft to the touch, as the surface is smoother it also creates a surface for light to reflect and thus making hair look shiny.


Once my hair was dry, my hair smelt of herbal-citrus goodness. It felt clean, light and so soft to touch, the added bonus I found with using this shampoo and conditioner is my hair doesn't seem to get greasy as quickly as with other products.


Price and Availability?
100ml £3.75 & 250ml £6.50 and is available to buy from Cult Beauty and Bodycare2000


Would I buy again?
Most definately, it is so refreshing to use a product on my hair that doesn't have harsh chemicals especially after deciding to start dying my hair after several years of abstinence. However it has to be the fresh scent that lingers in my hair and the fact my hair remains grease-free for longer that is the deal breaker for me! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh might try this when I next need shampoo, sounds just what I need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definately would recommend! Let me know what you think if you do try!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...