Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Another Avon Lipstick Haul

So, this haul is a collective haul of the lipsticks from the last two months worth of avon orders.

Platinum Pink - Ultra Colour Rich White Gold Lipstick


Avon say "Lips sparkle with glistening pearls of real gold. Contain skin pampering vitamin E"
This colour is a lovely "dusky" pink and contains flecks of white glitter. Avon are true to their word in that it is moisturising to the lips and the glitter  white gold flecks adds a touch of sparkle without being too much. The packaging is sticking with the typical bullet casing of the avon ultra colour range, however to tie in with the "white gold" the packaging is silver compared to the black or gold colour of the 24K gold variant.

Rose Sorbet - Pro-to-Go Lipstick
I may be easily amused here but I do love the casing design of these lipsticks with their "one hand application". For those of you who don't know, there is a slider which pushes the bullet up through a "flap" relieving the need for a lid meaning only one hand is needed for application.
I'd describe this as a red/pink. It's definitely more red than pink but isn't as pink as Fuschia Fever. This lipstick doesn't contain any glitter but does have a subtle "metallic???" sheen to it.

Pink Peach - Extra Lasting Lipstick
This lipstick is from the new "extra lasting range" Avon studies say it provides 8 hours of colour. Now I do agree in that it is slightly longer lasting that other lipsticks and does feel thicker on the lips due to this, however.....8 hours??? Certainly doesn't last that long on mine!
I chose this colour as I was looking for an alternative to coral lips as I felt it was too garish for me. The colour of this is perfect! A peachy colour with a pink hue, just as the name pink peach would suggest! Spot on Avon!

Charged Cherry - Ultra Colour Rich Mega Impact Lipstick
Before purchasing this lipstick I had tried it as a sample. When I saw this £8 lipstick to be a "free gift" when I purchased a £6 blusher I jumped at the chance. The casing again is identical to that of the Ultra Colour range, however the bullet takes on a "jewelled shape for daring definition" - I have to say I much prefer a typical bullet and find it harder to apply this lipstick straight from the bullet.
The colour of this is a lush vibrant red with flecks of red glitter adding a touch of sparkle without being garish.

Top to Bottom - Platinum Pink/Rose Sorbet/Pink Peach/Charged Cherry
I did take individual swatches however the colours are more true on the group swatch as to what they are IRL.

Charlotte
xx


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, pink and perfect! The platinum pink one is probably my favourite, I love abit of subtle sparkle. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhh loving charged cherry I think I will be ordering it next time Mr Avon is round (we have a guy Avon rep it's very strange)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I have tagged you on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Science Geek/Charlotte,

    Thank you for visiting my blog and the comment.

    These lipsticks are lovely. I'll have to call up my Avon rep to get some new catalogues as I have not tried any of their lipsticks.

    To your comment: I hope the weather will get better wherever you are so that you can wear your lovely wedges. I love them a lot. And yes, for 10 pounds, it's just awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...