Thursday, 23 June 2011

Batiste Gets A Makeover

So, for those of you who don't know, Batiste cans have had a design overhaul. Gone are the dated yet iconic green lids and in come a new white lid. The cans have also put on a few lbs (so to speak) as the 150ml cans have increased to 200ml.
Old 150ml can (Diva) new 200ml can (Tropical)
The New 200ml cans retail at £2.99. The handbag sized versions are still available at £1.55 for 50ml and you can now get a 400ml can for £4.99 (proving more cost effective than 2 x 200ml cans)

As well as an update to the size of the cans, the design has also had an overhaul, gone is the tiny writing on the back and in come simplified instructions in the form of a handy cartoon.

New instuctions
Old instructions


















Now, I think by now pretty much every man and his dog will have tried Batiste Dry Shampoo and if not where have you been? It's really simple and easy to use but for those of you who don't know it simply requires a quick spray into the roots, a gentle massage in and then you brush out leaving you with oil free roots and a lovely scent.

Now I have tried Batiste before but what I hasn't tried was the Tropical scent. I was sent this can for review purposes but sadly it isn't the one for me. As a dry shampoo it works wonders just as the rest of the range, however the scent just doesn't agree with my nose as it is very very coconutty and I could smell it all through the day....fabulous for all you coconut lovers but for me who isn't keen on the stuff, not so good.

I would recommend this for anyone who is a lover of coconut however for me I was hoping it would be a bit more fruity however the only scent I found coming through was coconut so I shall still to my much loved Batiste Blush

So are you a dry shampoo lover? Will you be heading out to pick up one of the larger sized cans?

Charlotte
xx

7 comments:

  1. I love dry shampoo, it's great for festivals, or when you have a lie in and don't have time to do your hair. I like the blue 'fresh' scent and I use the one for dark brown hair quite a lot because the white can be a little hard to work in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm I bought a bottle of this once its ok but I was not overly impressed. I would prefer to try the brunette one though x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love couldent be without it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Batiste dry shampoo. I think it's great that they have different ones for different situations. I'm a fan of the boho one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gem, I totally agree it is great for grabbing that extra time in bed! I don't find the white to be too bad to be honest. The brunette one is good. I've not tried the blue but will be using my glossybox sample now, it's the only one I haven't tried of the batiste range.xx

    @The Brunette I absolutely love batiste and swear by the stuff. It's a shame that you weren't impressed, how come? xx

    @Anonymous I totally agree. As someone who suffers from getting greasy hair quickly the day I discovered batiste was a day that certainly changed my life lol xx

    @Sherin Yes, it's great the range is expanding so much. I like the boho but I just love blush! I have the XXL one to try which I'm looking forward to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new designs are pretty cool! I wish they would bring some different products out other than dry shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yes totally a dry shampoo l;over xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...