Monday, 27 June 2011

Need a little lift? - Batiste XXL Volume

So I have another Batiste Beauty here for you. This one is slightly different to their usual range, yes it is a dry shampoo so will banish the oil from your roots, however what it will also do is give your roots volume. I'm not much of a fan of the backcombing trend (not on other people, just I don't like to do it to my hair) and to be honest, never quite mastering the "knack" of getting that extra lift without looking like a bird has made a nest. For this reason voluminous roots/hair is something I can never achieve. However with Batiste XXL this is a thing of the past....

Now here I haven't styled my hair, just simply spritzed my roots, gave it a rub through and then brushed and as you can see there is a clear lift from the roots. This dry shampoo would work wonders for creating fabulous updo's as it adds a texture to the roots almost allowing you to mould your hair. I think it would also eliminate the need for any hairspray too.

So would I recommend this product? Yes! I think it would work well for many situations, whether it be to give an extra bit of lift to the roots whilst wearing hair down. It would be great for adding volume to the hair whilst curling or creating masses of volume when creating updos. Lets face it, a spray of batiste has to be better for your hair than backcombing, I just worry about damage to the cuticle and it also makes your hair look less shiny however with this product I still had a lovely shine to my hair.

The texture of your hair with this product feels different to that of the normal dry shampoo however this is due to the texturising property of the product, however it's not a sticky feeling as many find with "root boosting products". It also washes from the hair with ease.

Batiste XXL is available in the new 200ml bottles for £3.99 so it is a little pricier than the normal shampoos. It is available from Boots, Superdrug, Sainsbury's and independant pharmacies.



So will this be a product you will be trying? Is creating volume and lift in your hair something you struggle with?

Charlotte
xx

Disclaimer - this product was sent to me for review purposes, however all opinions are honest and my own.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh totally gonna invest in some of this it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh wanna try this out so much, but shame its so much more expensive than normal :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm gonna have to try this out. I'll use my Advantage card points in Boots ;)

    http://chattybrat.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would most definately recommend it girls! It's worth that extra £1!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that does look fab I might have to try this.

    Re your question on why I did not like the original Baptiste much was because it made my hair look faded. I think the brunette one would be better for me.

    I would like to try the one you used though x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given you an award and tag on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is great isn't it. I didn't think it would work so well.
    Yeah, you do have to give it a really good rub into your hair or else it can make you look a little grey. I find spraying a small amount and then rubbing then repeating it is the best way to avoid it.
    The brunette one is good just be sure to wash your hands afterwards otherwise it will transfer onto your clothes.xx

    Thankyou for the award :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...