Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Raspberry and White Chocolate Cake

Firstly, apologies for the lateness of this post, the other week I tweeted that I had a white chocolate and raspberry cake in the oven. A few of you seemed eager in hearing the recipe so here I am with just that!

Now, this is a recipe I have taken from a book called "perfect cupcakes, cookies and muffins" I originally bought this book as I was intrigued by the savoury muffins in the book. I am yet to try these out however!


Now, even though this recipe is for cupcakes, I decided to stick the whole cake mix into a loaf tin I'd bought to make banana loaf cake using the Wherearemyknees recipe (which is yummy btw) rather than making individual cupcakes. Which thankfully turned out rather well. One thing I will say about this recipe is that the choc chips added into the batter seemed to melt into the mixture when making a larger cake, however this doesn't happen with cupcakes. It still tastes yummy either way!

Ingredients
1/2 cup (3oz/90g) white chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup (5oz/155g) self rising flour
1/4 cup (2oz/60g) sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup (4 fl oz/125ml) milk
3/4 cup (3oz/90g) fresh or frozen raspberries

Method
Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Prepare your cake/loaf tin by greasing with a very small amount of butter. (Or if making cupcakes line your muffin pan with cases or grease)

In a small saucepan over low heat, melt half the white choc chips with the butter and stir gently until smooth then leave to cool.

Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and stir in the remaining white choc chips. In another small mixing bowl combine the egg, milk and the melted choc/butter mixture - add this all at once to the flour along with the raspberries (I used frozen). Stir until just moistened.


I then emptied the batter into my greased loaf tin, if you were making cupcakes then obvious divide evenly between the cases. (The recipe states you should make 6 cupcakes)



Then bake until the top of the cake springs back when tapped. For cupcakes this takes around 20-25 minutes however I found this to be a little longer for my loaf.


Leave the cake to rest for a couple of minutes before turning out


Then take a generous slice and enjoy!



Hope you all enjoyed this recipe post and it is clear enough for you to understand. Let me know if any of you decide to make this yummy cake! Also are recipe posts something you would like to see more of on the blog?

Charlotte
xx

4 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy!

    I may have to make this some time...I'll let you know as and when I do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hungry now... great looking recipe! I'll be sure to let you know if I give it a go.

    I love seeing recipes on blogs, particularly for baking (my own personal fixation). It's great for picking up new ideas! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I would definately recommend! It's a rather "heavy" cake but it is absolutely delish!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saved. Will be making this asap!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...