Friday, 23 September 2011

Pounds Vs Pennies

Ok, so it's not quite pounds vs pennies but what I wanted to show, is how places like Topshop and River Island can be so overpriced. I much prefer to shop around and find an exact, if not similar item for half the price!
Here's just a few examples, let me know what you think of this feature and if it's something you like I can make it a regular on the blog.

High Waisted Jeans
Left - River Island / Right - New Look

Cropped Cable Jumper

Left - Topshop / Right - New Look




















Berry Skinny Jeans
Left - River Island / Right - Vero Moda at ASOS






















Hope you all enjoyed this post, please do give me your feedback and let me know if you would like to see similar posts on the blog and if not what you would like to see :)

Charlotte
xx

10 comments:

  1. Yeah I agree you are like me I like to look for the cheaper version too as you often get the cheaper version in New Look, Primark and Peacocks. Don't get me wrong sometimes thing in TS I just have to have and yeah they are more expensive but I will not spend £50 on a dress in TS that I could get somewhere else for £20!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please do more posts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More posts like this please!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments girls. Will try and keep it as a regular thing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great feature, I do love New Look's ability to recreate styles on a budget. I hadn't really considered Vero Moda before, but now I'll have to investigate. Thanks for this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i used to be all over brand names but now, i just buy whatever i think looks good. im pretty thrifty and its great to know i can get similar pieces for cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lizzy, I bought the berry jeans and I really like them, for me they're perfect.xx

    I totally agree Arrow, for me a name is nothing, as long as I like an item it doesn't matter if it's £1 or £100. If I can get it for cheaper then I certainly will! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never come across a blog post idea like this. I think it's awesome and I'm actually surprised at how much cheaper you can get something so similar.Especially with those berry skinny jeans. Oh mai! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou, glad you like it. I will definitely be trying to get more posts like this done :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...