Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Rimmel Goodies

Hello Lovelies, sorry for my absence. It's been caused my a lack of energy, and a lack of inspiration due to my outfits for placement not always being that exciting, as I don't want to ruin my best clothes or shoes when working with various chemicals etc.

Hope you have all been doing well, last weekend I went on a little bloggers meet in Manchester and met the lovely Coley, Rebecca, Nora Daisy and Pearl. They're all fab girls and great bloggers so do go check out their blogs! We had a fab day of Nando's followed by a browse round some vintage stores then a few of us had a fish pedicure :)

Anyway, on the Boots 3 for 2 offer I decided to pick up some goodies from Rimmel


I picked up two Colour Mousse 8hr Eyeshadows in shades 006 Get Fresh  and 008 Sassy,  and a Lasting Finish Lipstick in 004 Indulgence. All were £4.99 each so I paid £9.98 on the 3 for 2 offer.

Colour Mousse 8Hr
L-R 008 Sassy/ 006 Get Fresh
I bought these mousse eyeshadows after being in love with the Avon Mousse eyeshadows that were discontinued a few years back. The avon shadows were of a more solid mousse consistency whereas these rimmel mousse shadows are of a more fluid cream/mousse consistency. The packaging of the shadows is good as there is a little lid within the screwtop to prevent the product drying out.
After application the product dries to prevent the horror that occurs with many cream/mousse eyeshadows of creasing. Yesterday I wore 008 Sassy without any primer and found very little creasing even after 12 hours wear!
I chose the colours 006 Get Fresh and 008 Sassy. 006 is a metallic baby pink whereas 008 is a gorgeous metallic bronze colour perfect for autumn.

Lasting Finish Lipstick
I bought the colour 004 Indulgence which is  lovely neon pink colour. There is no shimmer within the lipstick and it is a fairly matte finish with a slight sheen. On the lips it feels slightly drying due to it being a "lasting finish"  (Rimmel says - provides up to 8 hours staying power) however I feel a dab of lipbalm prior to application would rid this feeling. The lipstick has a pleasant smell which is slightly fruity.

Without flash L-R ~  004 Get Fresh/ 006 Sassy / 004 Indulgence

With Flash L-R ~  004 Get Fresh/ 006 Sassy / 004 Indulgence


Have you bought anything in Boots 3 for 2 offer?

Charlotte
xx

7 comments:

  1. That lipstick looks like such a nice colour


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually buy the Collection 2000 products on Buy 2 get 1 free. I love the lipstick xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou girls :) xx
    Oooh I do like collection 2000, have you tried the creme puffs? They smell gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lipstick colour is gorgeous, I really need to start wearing all of my lipsticks again! I really like Natural collection stuff, their lipsticks are divine!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou! I've only tried the one which I blogged about, it's snapped though so I have to be careful with how high I wind it up.x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...