Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Babyliss Big Hair

A few weeks before Christmas I purchased the much talked about Babyliss Conical Wand of which I fell in love with. I then heard many a good thing about the Babyliss Big Hair, so when I saw it with a shiny red "Half Marked Price" sticker on in Wilkinson's (making it only £20) I decided to grab myself a piece of the action!



The Babyliss Big Hair is a 700W rotating 50mm ceramic brush with ionic technology to give volume and shine whilst drying. (It also has a wopping 3 year guarantee!) I first rough dried my hair with my usual dryer and then sectioned my hair off. The dryer has 2 heat settings plus a cool setting. I decided to use the highest setting as my hair is rather long.




The device is simple to use but a little complicated to explain so for any who are interested here's a "How To" from Babyliss


As my hair is long, I found the device gave my hair a lot more body through the lengths and I left it to spin towards the end of my hair to add some shape.

The following pictures were taken 6 hours after first using the device and after several hours shopping. As you can see there's still plenty of body to my hair.



Overall I am very pleased with the device, to have achieved these results first time with no prior practise was fantastic! I think the results will only get better with use. My hair was soft to the touch, shiny and had bounce all day. I also believe this would work even better on shorter hair with lots of layers resulting in lots of body around the roots. As my hair is long, the weight tends to drag root lift down a little.

Have you tried the Babyliss Big Hair? Have you thought about trying it?
Do let me know your thoughts!

Charlotte
xx

13 comments:

  1. I need one of these! And I have hair length envy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh you must buy one! Seriously it's fab! Haha, thankyou :p xx

      Delete
  2. Your hair is gorgeous! Hair envy here too! I've been so tempted to get this for my short hair as I cannot master the salon blowdry at home!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Oh you should definitely invest! Xx

      Delete
  3. I think my hair is a little bit TOO short for this, but I can see how it could be very useful if you do have longer locks! :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think anyone with shoulder length or longer could benefit xx

      Delete
  4. wow your hair looks gorgeous, i'm so jealous! I spend time trying to flatten my hair, it's got way too much body of it's own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. Aww my hair dried flat and straight as a pancake so this is a saviour :) xx

      Delete
  5. i need this now!! :) your hair is so shiny and beautiful!

    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I have and love this, just need to find a way of getting lasting root lift though. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the instructions say how you can kind of use the brush rotation in an opposite way to get root lift, I'm guessing it would be a bit like backcombing? xx

      Delete
  7. I haven’t tried this before, but sounds great from what you’ve said. Might have to treat myself :)
    http://www.heroineinheels.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...