Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Do the shimmy shake!! - Dirty Works Bling it on Shimmer Lotion

I was recently sent a bottle of Dirty Works Bling it on Shimmer Lotion to try.
Dirty works describe it as "an illuminating lotion for shimmery sparkly skin" and that's certainly what it is!


Firstly I have to comment on how much I love the packaging with its holographic shimmer, reflecting upon the product found inside. I'm also loving the curvy 50's pin up girl!



The product itself is dispensed as a gold liquid packed full of glitter. After showering, you simply pop it on anywhere you want to show off a natural radiant glow.

A little goes a long way and gives a lovely glimmering sheen to the skin that isn’t too OTT, a more grown up approach to the glitter we may have adorned ourselves with as children. A small blob is enough to cover one arm, so at £4.99 for 200ml it’s also quite the bargain as it will last you a fair while!

One aspect I was impressed with is that this product was a gold toned shimmer, often with shimmering lotions I find they’re silvery, however I feel the gold helps give that “off-the-beach glow” and works wonders with a tan!

I wore this on Saturday night for my sisters hen do, as did my Mum and sister and we were all impressed. It’s non-sticky, doesn’t transfer onto clothes and provides a lovely subtle smell, without masking any dominant fragrances like the perfume your wearing. Definitely the perfect companion for my lovely Xen-Tan (such a tan convert now!) 

All in all I was definitely impressed and would love to try more from the Dirty Works range (I've spotted they've now released beauty accessories!)  
Dirty Works is available instore or online from Sainsbury's

Charlotte



2 comments:

  1. Ooh that looks super pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a product for people with fairer skin, as I'm 'blessed' with super pale skin I find it difficult finding shimmers that don't look too dark on me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...