Thursday, 19 July 2012

Popping my cherry - Xen Tan Event

Yes, up until last week I was a tanning virgin then Xen-tan came along with their fabulous event at the Malmaison Hotel, Manchester, for us northern-bloggers and put a well needed end to all that.

Never in my life have I had a tan- real or fake. The slightest bit of sun shines and my skin knows about it, however instead of turning a lovely shade of brown instead I'm a not so lovely shade of lobster!

I've always been intrigued about seeing myself in a tan but was scared after seeing many an orange girl with tide marked wrist/ankles on the streets of Manchester, to try do anything about it myself.

When I was offered the chance to pop down to Xen-Tan's event I jumped at the chance. Learning how to tan from the experts was just what I needed. We were also offered the chance to book in for a complementary spray tan. I was a little apprehensive but decided to go ahead and bite the bullet.




Upon arrival at the event we were greeted with canap├ęs and drinks, then delivered a presentation with some background into Xen-tan and what they have to offer. I learnt that xen-tan was developed by a lady who wanted a tan that worked for us paler ladies too! And each different tan in the range smells of a different type of food!

After the presentation we were led downstairs to have our spray tans, now I must admit I was petrified at the thought! The night before I'd done all my hair removal business and exfoliated ready for my tan. We were  left to relax on the massage chairs before being given robes to change into. 

The lady who gave me my tan was lovely, and I felt silly afterwards for feeling nervous about the whole thing.
The whole process took about 10 minutes, barrier cream was applied to areas prone to dry skin such as knees, elbows, and ankless. I was given 2 light coats of tan and I was done.


We were then offered a complementary manicure, before being given a tan-consulation so we could be provided with the perfect product for us in our goody bags.

The colour of my tan was gorgeous, such a natural colouring and I received many complements on how brown and healthy I looked.
I've been keeping my tan topped up with the Transform Gradual tanner I was gifted in my goody bag - perfect for tanning newbies like me, and smells of citrus-melon!


Major thanks to Xen-Tan and Wizard PR for such a fabulous first event! I had a fabulous time and met some lovely bloggers aswell as having the opportunity to relax and be pampered with fellow blogging buddies.
I'd also like to thank Emma Pilkington - photographer for the night for these images!
Also it was great for an event to be based in the North-West, all spurred on by the #NorthernBloggersUnite hash tag founded by Rebecca and Lauren 

Also, Xen-Tan are offering all readers of ScienceGeekChic a fabulous discount on their website available for one purchase up until 31st August, simply enter 
BBTAN20
Charlotte
xx

6 comments:

  1. That looks such a great event how do you get to go to these things because I never get offers for anything!!

    I love the tan too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, hope you get an invite soon! This event was organised with the help of a blogging friend of mine who created the hash tag and so she suggested my name as a Manchester blogger.

      Thankyou! Fake tan is definitely a new love for me now :) already have my next spray planned! Xx

      Delete
  2. Such a great event, so happy you loved your tan!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fab event. Was lovely to meet you! Hope you enjoyed your tan too! X

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great event - congrats on popping your tanning cherry! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it really was such fun. Hehe thankyou! :p x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...