Saturday, 18 August 2012

Matalan A/W 12 My Top Picks

I'd seen a sneak preview on Look of the upcoming A/W collection from Matalan and loved so many items. I contacted Matalan and asked if it was possible to have a copy of their lookbook and here I am with my top picks. 
Many of the items seem to radiate the punk/rocker/biker chick feel. There's many fab items that can be mixed and matched; go for the full on dark look or grunge up a girly dress.

£18
I really like how different this skirt is - high low with a difference. Often pleated skirts can look ever so slightly "grannyish" however the pleated layer overlaying the lace mini skirt looks fab! Definitely something I'd buy myself providing the lace skirt isn't too "mini" as I'm not a big fan of flashing leg.
This skirt is fab as it could be dressed both up or down. A fitted grey top with lots of jewellery and high heels for a night out, and a slouchy white top with a biker perhaps? would make it fab for daytime.

£35
I've been dying to get my hands on a biker jacket and as soon as I get my student loan through I'll be purchasing this baby. It's only £35 and has fab ruched detailing to the waists and sleeves. I've many an outfit that I often think, I'd love a biker to throw over and make it less "girly".

£10
How amazing are these bargain studded pumps? You'd likely see the exact style in Topshop for 4 times the price easily!

£28
This dress would be perfect for all those christmas parties. I feel its a rather understated leopard print that oozes glamour. I love longer length of the peplum; this dress would look equally fab on someone with an hourglass figure or for creating curves on someone who's a little less blessed in the hips department giving the illusion of an hourglass shape.

So what do you think of my top picks? Will you be hotfooting it down to Matalan this A/W? I most definitely will be, student card in hand!

Charlotte
xx

2 comments:

  1. wow I am loving that biker jacket and it would be great worn how you said.

    Love it!

    Have a lovely weekend
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fab isn't it. Especially at only £35 for that detailing too!

      Thanks, hope you have a wonderful weekend! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...