Friday, 14 September 2012

Bargain Denim & A Sad Farewell

This jacket was a complete utter bargain, I bought it from a carboot sale for £1!! Can you believe that, only 100 shiny pennies! There is no sign of wear; this jacket must have been worn only a handful of times if at all! When I hand-washed it when I got home from buying it (as I do with any second hand clothing) there was a release of dye suggesting that it was infact like new!
I only discovered last weekend there is a weekly carboot a 20/30 minute bus drive away from me, aswell as picking up this jacket I also snagged 2 dresses, a glittery black clutch and a vintage porcelain butterfly print bangle - all for £1 each!

The dress was a bargain sale buy from a few months ago. It's from Love Label and I got it in the sale for £21 however it's original price was around 50-60 and the day after I ordered it the price when up to £40.
I love the beading/embroidery detail and it has a slightly scooped back, however I just wish the waistband was a little lower down as it would make the dress more flattering.


I also wore my new chelsea boots from Matalan, they were on offer for reward card holders making them £10 instead of £16, and as I had a £10 gift voucher from a while back they were completely free.
One thing I would say about these shoes is they are slightly narrow so may not be the best for those with wide feet. I found them to pinch my toes a little but it eased up throughout the day as I "broke" them in.





I decided to wear my cat heart necklace my Mum bought me for Christmas 5 years ago. Sadly on Tuesday I had to unfortunately say goodbye to my 16 year old cat. I was only 6 when we got her so she's been around pretty much as long as I could remember. It was very heartbreaking having to have her but to sleep, however it was the kindest thing to do as she suddenly took ill after a blood clot caused her to be paralysed from the waist down leaving her in an awful lot of pain.
We rushed her to the vets immediately so gladly her suffering was short. She was a very loved cat and will be missed by the whole family and the rest of my cats. It's still very upsetting to think that she is gone and will take a lot to get used to her not being around.

RIP Cassie Cat
Sorry to end on a sad note, I'm sure those of you will pets will understand how heartbreaking it is to lose an animal, especially when they've been such a big part of your family for a long time.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.
Charlotte
xx

15 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Cassie :( It can be such a heartbreaking time.

    Love this dress and well done on your car boot bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, we'll never forget her that's for sure.
      Thanks, why it's taken me so long to wear it again I don't know. Thankyou, I was so pleased, have to love a bargain! xx

      Delete
  2. aww I know exactly how you feel, thinking of you.

    I like your outfit too I have a topshop fitted denim jacket I have had for years and I love it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lisa.
      That's what I love about this jacket that it's a little more structured than a typical denim jacket.xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for your kitty loss <3

    that dress is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it really is like losing one of the family.
      Thankyou, I love the colour, I've nothing else like it.xx

      Delete
  4. This is the third post I've read this week about someone loosing their cat, also one of my work friend's cats had to be put down this week. Such sad times. I hope you're okay xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so sad for anyone to lose an animal. Thankyou.xx

      Delete
  5. :( I just read a similar post on Lisa-Janes page - I am so so sorry to hear about your loss :( My thoughts are with you!!

    I am LOVING that denim jacket - cant believe it was a pound!!!!!

    Sal x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, poor Tommy was put to sleep a few days before Cassie was. I was upset just hearing about him and then it happened to me only a few days later.
      Thankyou, I was in shock when she only asked for a £1!
      xx

      Delete
  6. I've had 3 lifelong pets die in the last 10 months so I know exactly how you feel, it's been a complete heart breaking experience :( x

    Lisa
    topazandmay.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm sorry, that must have been really difficult for you.xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about your cat :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your cat, its just like losing a family member. Totally heart breaking xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...