Sunday, 25 November 2012

Charity Shop Finds

Hello my lovelies,
hope you are all doing well! 
I can't believe how close it is to Christmas now! It really is going to be non-stop for me with little time for celebrations, and lots of time spent on uni work!

Anyway, I thought I'd take a little break to share with you my Charity Shop loot for the week. I've become rather fond of charity shopping recently, with some of my favourite outfits consisting of a charity shop bargain, it's great for finding those items you may have missed out on and I often snag new stuff for next to nothing! Me and my Mum try to check out the local shops weekly. I head to the local 2 near my house, and now I'm back on the road I drive the 15 minute journey to the next shopping centre to have a look at the 4 there (2 of which I always find amazing bargains!)

 Next Dress - £3.69 Age Concern


I've been wanting a new black jersey dress for a while to wear with some of my fancier shoes so I can play my outfit down and let the shoes do the talking. The dress looks brand new with no sign of wear. I just love the little crochet collar and the dress is so much prettier on than it is on the hanger. It skims the waist than has a lovely knee length flippy skirt.

 Red Herring bag - £2.99 Age Concern

I couldn't resist the adorable print of this bag! I snatched it up straight away, there was no price on so I was delighted to be told it was £3! It has a removable across the body strap and it amazing condition (I think it may have never been used!)

Next Shoes - £6.99 BHF
I originally picked these shoes up as my Mum was looking for a pair of flat shoes, so was pleasantly surprised to see the cute block heel. They were half a size bigger than I usually take however were a perfect fit when I tried them on. There's barely any signs of wear on the soles, so these were a complete bargain - some of the shoes seen for sale in charity shops can be horrendous! I would never buy a pair that looked like they had been more than once as I can see it to be unhygienic and bad for the feet non?

Butterfly Ring - 50p Scope 








This was from a stand of brand new jewellery. It originally was £2 however everything on the stand was 2 for £1 so I bought this and a necklace for my Mum. I loved how the design went up the finger as opposed to being a double finger ring. (Apologies for the blurred photo, silly me forgot Macro settings, and lighting is poop!)

So, do you enjoy seeing charity shop finds? Would it be something you would like me to do on a regular basis?
Have you found any bargains recently?

Charlotte
xx

p.s. not from a charity shop, but this week I also picked up my new glasses. They're from the Gok Wan range and are a little more garish and in your face than my previous glasses. I tend to wear my contact lenses most of the time but I've been waiting over a week for my lenses to come instore to no avail. Anyway, what do we think? Yay, or nay? I'm still a little unsure, as I'm worried maybe they're a little too "fashion-forward" for me. Also I'm convinced they keep hanging bent on my face (the bug bear of having plastic frames = little adjustment!)


8 comments:

  1. I am so in love with your glasses x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I think it's going to get some getting used to, seeing myself in them! :p xx

      Delete
  2. the new glasses totally suit you, they're a great choice. Lovely charity shop finds too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou! I'm just a little worried that they're too bold or "geeky" looking for me haha.
      Thankyou, you have to look a bit of thrifty swag! Xx

      Delete
  3. I have a dress exactly like that from Matalan I bought it in the sale. I love that dress and its such a bargain. Your new glasses look fab too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I was actually thinking it would be your style with the crotchet neckline. It is so pretty and indeed a great bargain!
      Thankyou! :) xx

      Delete
  4. That dress is lovely and so are those cute little block heels! I think the glasses really suit you, I was unsure about mine but I soon got used to them!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou lovely! They're growing on me, I'm just paranoid they don't sit straight on my face, despite going back to the opticians for them to be altered :p will just take some getting used to xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...