Thursday, 30 May 2013

The search for a dress...

As I've finished my degree and am now awaiting my results, I shall be (all going well) graduating in 6 weeks. I'm falling prey to the blogging cliché of a "graduation outfit wishlist(?)". The truth is I really don't have an idea of what I want to wear!! Therefore any help any of you could provide would be fantastic!! Whether you've graduated yourself, been to a graduation, are preparing for your own graduation or have simply spotted a pretty dress somewhere.

Typically, my style of dress is something with a slightly fuller skirt, however my thinking is that I'd be best opting for something slightly more fitted as to not look like I have a ginormous derrière when wearing my gown. It's often suggested to wear something with buttons as to attach the hood of the gown, however previous graduates have advised that a safety pin will do the same job??

Lipsy Lace Shift Dress - £60
So far the only item that has caught my eye is this Lipsy dress. However, I'm worried I won't have the figure to pull it off and the price is a little more than I would have planned for.

So please give me your suggestions! Send me links to pretty dresses, or links to your blogs if you've done a post on your graduation or prospective graduation outfits... I need inspiration!

Charlotte
xx


12 comments:

  1. i just love it :)... but yeah, I'd also prefer a fuller skirt, I mean, just the same dress with a nice girly skirt would be awesome :)...
    perhaps you can go to a tailor and have it done as you like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is beautiful..I wish I had a helpful reply for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its funny but I saw this dress the other day on Very and it was sold out but I wanted it. Its stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really. It really is a beautiful dress. I've seen nothing I like as much and my Grandma has kindly given me £40 towards it as she said I deserve it for all my hard work at Uni Xx

      Delete
  4. Oh and also Charlotte you def have the figure for this dress you can pull it off. Please post some photos if you get it I want to see it on you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless you Lisa. I hope so as its beautiful. I'm going to see if they have it in store first to try it on. Xx

      Delete
  5. I eyed this dress up too! Get it, it will look lovely on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha great minds! Awe thankyou, I'm hoping they have it in the arndale store so I can try it on. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dress, infact I was going to buy it a few days ago, gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I have my heart set on it now but typically can't find it in stock anywhere! X

      Delete
  8. I fell ill the last week of term and was still ill a couple of months later at graduation (and 11 years later but that's another story), so I never got to shop for a graduation outfit or make one : (

    I ended up just wearing a white top and black skirt that I already had, both had lacey bits on them and all those years ago you couldn't get dresses in the high-street like you can now, plus the guidelines for what to wear to my grad were so strict, I thought I was pushing it not wearing a white shirt! My shoes were just a pair of fancy sandals I used to wear out, but if I had my time again I'd wear red sparkly shoes or something!

    Those gowns are massive though and there's very little of your outfit to be seen underneath anyway and everyone looks huge in the gown, no matter what your size unfortunately! Hope you find something wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, what a shame you didn't get chance to decide on a pretty outfit!
      I managed to get the dress in this post in the end actually. I'm planning on a pair of plain nude heels for graduation but have a pair of lace print Iron Fist wedges I shall be dressing it up with the next time I wear the dress.
      Yes, it's a shame the gowns are so huge! I wanted something pretty as I plan on heading out to celebrate with family afterwards. xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...