Saturday, 24 August 2013

Neal's Yard Remedies Manchester Blog Event

A few weeks ago I met with Steph, Pippa and Jennifer for a yummy lunch at Wagamamas, and then the 4 of us headed to the Neal's Yard Remedies Manchester store on John Dalton Street.

A few of us had tried the brand before, however some of us were complete newbies; myself included, therefore I had no idea of what to expect but boy I wasn't disappointed!

We were greeted by the lovely staff, offered a drink of champagne/juice/herbal tea and then asked which of the available therapies on offer we would like to be treated to...this was a surprise for me as I didn't realise that NYR offered treatments such as massages instore. I opted for a neck and back massage which was so relaxing, I especially loved the little karate chopping motion - perfect for getting all those knots out of your back.

Throughout the night there were lots of yummy nibbles on offer and we got to browse the whole store, and sample all the lovely testers...










The amazing wall of loose herbs behind the till
I was simply amazed by the vast range of the store; NYR offer much more than face and body products, providing a range of herbal supplements and teas as they believe beauty should also come from within.
All NYR products are natural and organic with no sign of any mineral oils, silicones, or sythetic fragrances. This means that their products also smell unbelievably amazing as does the shop itself. I was eyeing up the essential oils which can be burnt to give a lovely scent to your room.


The Bee Lovely range was one that I fell incredibly in love with; mostly due to its gorgeous honey and orange scent...think I may have to go back for the hand cream.

I didn't however come home empty handed as I was kindly gifted an amazing goodie bag upon my exit containing...

yes...they even offer make-up including eyeshadows, blushers, foundations, lipgloss and lipstick! On the evening there was a lovely make-up artist offering makeovers, I myself didn't opt for one but everyone who did receive one looked lovely.

All in all it was a lovely evening, and now I've discovered my love for the brand I think I will be heading back instore to see what else takes my fancy.
If you would to see reviews of any of the products I received in my goody bag please do let me know. Sadly though I can't feature a post on the facial mist as I took it on a weekend away however it leaked all over my bag as the top had come loose :( however, up until then I was loving it - such a refreshing scent and a spritz on the face was lovely during the warm weather - it can be used over make up as a pick me up throughout the day.

Thanks again to NYR for inviting me along!

Have you tried NYR before? Have you ever been in your local NYR store?

Charlotte
xx

8 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you and it was a fab event, I had heard of them but not tried any of there products, i'm going back for some of the facemask sample I got.

    hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used NYR products before but they sound lovely!
    Colette (We're going on an adventure ....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. benandchloetakeontheworld.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
    2. benandchloetakeontheworld.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great concept to health and beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely, relaxing event. Didn't realise they did cosmetics too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a fab evening wasn't it? I know I went on and on about Neal's Yard, hope you're enjoying the products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am loving the products. Just wish I hadn't lost all of my tea tree water. I really want to pick up some more of the wipes too they were lush! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...